Sometimes people may say things like “I don’t even think about you” or “you are not on my mind,” and that is okay. We cannot expect people to be considerate of us or keep us on their minds or hearts all the time. We need to reassess our hearts if we allow the way people treat us affect how we respond to them.
Yes. I do think about you and when I do, I may reach out to say hello or check in. I may say a prayer on your behalf to my God because I know He listens. I may share a word of encouragement. I may visit if I can. Not because I am perfect or because they don’t frustrate me, but because I genuinely want the best for the people in my world. I do care about you.
A few years ago I allowed myself to become resentful because I wondered why I couldn’t find someone to do the same thing for me. Now I know it’s a gift I have been blessed with, to love and care about others wellbeing. This hard and cold world makes me want to run in the opposite direction. Yes I struggle at times, but I am grateful for the faithful love of my Father. He reminds me to keep on going. It’s not about me! And truth is He continues to send me the encouragement I need whenever I need it. I am grateful for all the sources of support and encouragement I have had throughout the years. (Thank You Mighty God. Consume me Father so that You may come through)
In the past 2 years of walking with Jesus, I have learned a few things that I hold closely…
- Celebrate your gifts and the unique personality that God has blessed you with
- Never do anything with expectations that you’d get it back
- Love without hesitation. Goodness. Yes.
- Challenge yourself to step outside your comfort zone and do the things that scare you. With wisdom of course :). Seek counsel, speak with trusted advisers, but don’t let fear stop you from moving.
- Don’t allow the negative things others say or do stop you from being all that God is calling you to be.
- Don’t allow negative thoughts to set up shop in your mind/heart/life. Guard your heart and mind vigilantly. Set up a checkpoint for everything and toss all the garbage out. Let in only the good. People may think you are naïve, let them. I would rather be right with God.
And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you. Phil 4:8-9
- Allow yourself to be corrected. Yes, correction is a good thing. Receiving it helps you grow in humility and wisdom.
For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it - Hebrews 12:11
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid - Proverbs 12:1
- God loves me. Nothing I do or don’t do can ever separate me from His great love! Thank You Jesus!
- Note: He also loves others too (insert smiley face). I love this so much because it taught me to start seeing others as God sees them and not as they are being. (P.S. this doesn’t mean don’t set appropriate boundaries)
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord- Romans 8:38-39
- Be honest. I have continued working on this because I have to fight my natural inclination to avoid rocking the boat. Funny the past 10 years in my field has thought me of the importance of facing conflicts in the professional arena, but I still struggled with it in my personal life. I am so thankful for Jesus. God has called us to be people of honesty and truth.
… we will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ, who is the head of his body, the churchEphesians 4:15
I am grateful for all I’ve been through, what I’m walking through now and all that’s yet to come. I praise God because I have already been given the victory through Christ. And so have you! (Romans 8:37)
Thank You Lord Jesus for all that You are. Thank You Holy Spirit for everything You do. Thank You for tearing down all that’s not of You in me. Thank You for building me up. Thank You for setting me on a new course. Thank You for teaching me to walk in Your fruits and in freedom. I pray for anyone reading this that You’d meet them wherever they are and remind them of Your love Lord Jesus. I pray that if they have no knowledge of You that their eyes are opened to encounter Your amazing grace. And if they are a seasoned believer, I pray for a refreshing and that You take them to a new level of faith and confidence in Your love and faithfulness. Thank You Lord Jesus for all that You’ve done. Nothing we do can ever earn Your Love. Teach us to seek after You with all our hearts and might. Teach us to number our days in the ways that are pleasing and acceptable in Your sight I pray in Your Holy Name, Amen.
Here’s to my first post of March 2021 🙂